Famous Women in History Bundle of Activities
Learning about influential and inspirational women of courage has never been more fun! This BUNDLE has a variety of activities to celebrate and learn about six women of courage, character, and commitment:
✔Susan B. Anthony.
⭐⭐⭐SAVE by buying the BUNDLE⭐⭐⭐
There are a variety of activities and several ways to use this unit to differentiate for students.
Have students read the passages where they will meet six women of courage and learn all about their lives. The articles are written in 2 different formats depending on your students and time you have for this unit. There are questions and scenes for students to connect and color. There are six (2-page) biography organizers to check for understanding or evaluate their reading.
✔Meet Sojourner Truth
✔Meet Harriet Tubman
✔Meet Malala Yousafzai
✔Meet Clara Barton
✔Meet Helen Keller
✔Meet Susan B. Anthony
✔Life Story with Scenes & Questions
✔Fact or Fiction Activities (6)
✔Character Mini-Booklets w/Timeline Facts
✔Famous Quotes (6)
✔Create a Women of Character Scrapbook
✔Character Traits Activity
✔Vocabulary Photo Posters for character traits
✔Quizzes & Writing Prompts
✔PLUS Flip Books for ALL of these Famous Ladies
1. Have students read the “Meet” articles OR read the passages about his/her Life Story with scenes and questions. Then answer the questions on the biography organizers. (2 pgs.)
2. Have students complete the character mini-booklets with timeline dates. These fit nicely inside their notebooks. Visual directions for students are included on the next page. Prep work: make sure to copy them back-to-back to save paper.
3. Have students complete the quotes, quizzes, and character traits activity using the vocabulary photo posters. Prep work: Print posters & laminate.
4. Have students put together a Women of Character Scrapbook. Use the reading passages to complete the fill-in the blanks, Who Am I? writing activity, and color the cover. Then assemble it to build a creative Women of Character Scrapbook.
5. Have students complete the flip books about Helen Keller and Clara Barton to place inside their interactive notebooks.
This is a Digital Download. No Physical Product will be shipped.
- These specific files are ©2018 Heart 2 Heart Teaching, LLC. All rights reserved.
• For personal use, classroom use, and non-commercial use only. It is unlawful to distribute any part of this file for any reason (whether they are free or for purchase).
- Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).
- We'd love to see how you use these activities in your classroom--- Tag @heart2heartteaching on Instagram!
How will I receive my download?
Once purchased, you will first receive an order confirmation email. Right after that, you receive a separate email with a link that you will click to download the zipped file. You will receive one or more PDF files.
What if I can't find the email with the Printable in it?
If you're using Gmail as your mail service, be sure to check the "spam," "promotions," and "updates" folders/tabs! Your email will be sent via our automated system (omitting the potential for human error) so if you ordered the download and entered the correct email address, you can be sure it's in your email somewhere!
What's a ZIP file?
Many of our resources are in a compressed ZIP file. A ZIP file is a compressed folder with multiple files. A ZIP file takes up less storage space making it easier to download. ZIP files are able to be opened easily, just follow the steps below depending on your system.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Right click on the ZIP folder
- Choose Extract All from the menu
- Choose a place to save the file
- Click Extract
For Google Chrome:
- After it finishes downloading
- Click on the download box at bottom left of the browser page
- Click Extract All at the top of the page
For Mac Users:
- Double click on the ZIP folder
- The file should automatically extract
Other Options--try opening the ZIP file using one of these free websites:
Where do I print my download?
For BEST RESULTS, print the posters on the premium brochure and flyer paper from Office Depot. Using this paper gives the posters a vibrant look that really makes the colors pop! Or send the file to a print shop. But don't worry about that if you need these quickly! Just print on regular paper on the best quality setting on your printer.
Having Printing Issues?
Many of our files are PDF’s are large units with a lot of graphics and photographs. Sometimes, it may look fine on your screen, but may not print out correctly. If you’re having trouble printing a PDF, please be sure that you're opening the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
After downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Open the PDF
- Click Print
- Select Shrink oversized pages
- Click Advanced
- Check the box: Print As Image
- Click Print