Let's Learn About All Clouds
In this fun unit, students will learn about the four main types of clouds. There are reading passages, hands-on activities, vocabulary posters, and a flip book. As a bonus, a weather bulletin board kit is included in this unit.
Have you ever sat down in the grass before to watch the clouds float by? Sometimes they look like a giant puffy cotton ball. Sometimes they look like thin dotted lines in the sky. They might even look like a dinosaur stomping across the sky. Clouds look different but they are all made of the same thing: water. Clouds form when tiny drops of water and ice join together in the sky.
This unit includes reading passages and activities all about 4 main types of clouds:
Vocabulary posters can be printed in black and white or color. These are great for introducing the unit or for an attractive bulletin board display. A weather bulletin board kit is included in this unit.
Show What You Know: have students complete the Cloud Flip Booklet by answering the questions, cutting, coloring their illustrations of the different cloud types, and then assembling it.
Flip booklets work really well in centers. Have students complete one page of the booklet at each center and then put it all together. They are great for interactive notebooks, file folders, or inside a 12x18 folded (in half) construction paper cover. If using construction paper covers, have student decorate the cover to make it a cloud book! They serve great as study guides, or even for bulletin board displays.
This is a Digital Download. No Physical Product will be shipped.
- These specific files are ©2018 Heart 2 Heart Teaching, LLC. All rights reserved.
• For personal use, classroom use, and non-commercial use only. It is unlawful to distribute any part of this file for any reason (whether they are free or for purchase).
- Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).
- We'd love to see how you use these activities in your classroom--- Tag @heart2heartteaching on Instagram!
How will I receive my download?
Once purchased, you will first receive an order confirmation email. Right after that, you receive a separate email with a link that you will click to download the zipped file. You will receive one or more PDF files.
What if I can't find the email with the Printable in it?
If you're using Gmail as your mail service, be sure to check the "spam," "promotions," and "updates" folders/tabs! Your email will be sent via our automated system (omitting the potential for human error) so if you ordered the download and entered the correct email address, you can be sure it's in your email somewhere!
What's a ZIP file?
Many of our resources are in a compressed ZIP file. A ZIP file is a compressed folder with multiple files. A ZIP file takes up less storage space making it easier to download. ZIP files are able to be opened easily, just follow the steps below depending on your system.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Right click on the ZIP folder
- Choose Extract All from the menu
- Choose a place to save the file
- Click Extract
For Google Chrome:
- After it finishes downloading
- Click on the download box at bottom left of the browser page
- Click Extract All at the top of the page
For Mac Users:
- Double click on the ZIP folder
- The file should automatically extract
Other Options--try opening the ZIP file using one of these free websites:
Where do I print my download?
For BEST RESULTS, print the posters on the premium brochure and flyer paper from Office Depot. Using this paper gives the posters a vibrant look that really makes the colors pop! Or send the file to a print shop. But don't worry about that if you need these quickly! Just print on regular paper on the best quality setting on your printer.
Having Printing Issues?
Many of our files are PDF’s are large units with a lot of graphics and photographs. Sometimes, it may look fine on your screen, but may not print out correctly. If you’re having trouble printing a PDF, please be sure that you're opening the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
After downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Open the PDF
- Click Print
- Select Shrink oversized pages
- Click Advanced
- Check the box: Print As Image
- Click Print