Create a Country Project for Elementary Grades 1-3
A BEST SELLER! A fun back to school or end of the year project to introduce or review geography and map skills all at the same time! Your students will love creating their own country.
Create A Country Project: Newly updated and revised with my country mini-book, vocabulary posters, and fun student activities. Activities are related to geography and cultural themes such as traditions, flags, climates, housing, natural resources, agriculture, schooling, and transportation. What a creative hands-on project!
There is a 16-page country mini-book to introduce geography and cultural vocabulary and concepts. This unit is geared for younger students. First, have them read, color, and assemble their mini-books before starting the project.
This is a great anytime of the year project! I have used it for many years as the end of the year culminating project to reinforce and review the main geography concepts that we've learned in social studies throughout the school year.
Be sure to check out the PREVIEW for more information
Steps for this Create a Country Project:
Read the My Country Mini-book and complete the related geography and vocabulary activities to get them thinking about how they would build their own country.
Then have each student create their own "Country" and everything that goes with it!
Performance Task: You will be creating and designing your OWN country including:
✔Name of your country
Students can use the country checklists and organizers to guide them as they work through the project.
This is a Digital Download. No Physical Product will be shipped.
- These specific files are ©2018 Heart 2 Heart Teaching, LLC. All rights reserved.
• For personal use, classroom use, and non-commercial use only. It is unlawful to distribute any part of this file for any reason (whether they are free or for purchase).
- Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).
- We'd love to see how you use these activities in your classroom--- Tag @heart2heartteaching on Instagram!
How will I receive my download?
Once purchased, you will first receive an order confirmation email. Right after that, you receive a separate email with a link that you will click to download the zipped file. You will receive one or more PDF files.
What if I can't find the email with the Printable in it?
If you're using Gmail as your mail service, be sure to check the "spam," "promotions," and "updates" folders/tabs! Your email will be sent via our automated system (omitting the potential for human error) so if you ordered the download and entered the correct email address, you can be sure it's in your email somewhere!
What's a ZIP file?
Many of our resources are in a compressed ZIP file. A ZIP file is a compressed folder with multiple files. A ZIP file takes up less storage space making it easier to download. ZIP files are able to be opened easily, just follow the steps below depending on your system.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Right click on the ZIP folder
- Choose Extract All from the menu
- Choose a place to save the file
- Click Extract
For Google Chrome:
- After it finishes downloading
- Click on the download box at bottom left of the browser page
- Click Extract All at the top of the page
For Mac Users:
- Double click on the ZIP folder
- The file should automatically extract
Other Options--try opening the ZIP file using one of these free websites:
Where do I print my download?
For BEST RESULTS, print the posters on the premium brochure and flyer paper from Office Depot. Using this paper gives the posters a vibrant look that really makes the colors pop! Or send the file to a print shop. But don't worry about that if you need these quickly! Just print on regular paper on the best quality setting on your printer.
Having Printing Issues?
Many of our files are PDF’s are large units with a lot of graphics and photographs. Sometimes, it may look fine on your screen, but may not print out correctly. If you’re having trouble printing a PDF, please be sure that you're opening the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
After downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Open the PDF
- Click Print
- Select Shrink oversized pages
- Click Advanced
- Check the box: Print As Image
- Click Print