Let's Go on a Constitution Day Scavenger Hunt
Send your students on a fun scavenger hunt to learn about the United States Constitution and Constitution Day!
This mini-unit includes 6 short passages with real-life photos to post around the classroom. Using the two organizers and a clip board students act as detectives to track down the answers to the questions.
This is a wonderful way to get students actively involved with the information literally by getting them up and out of their seats. Or you could do this as a stations or centers activity too! This is a great activity to celebrate Constitution Day!
Little prep work to save you time:
1. Print posters and organizers
2. Copy two scavenger hunt organizers (back-to-back)
3. Post posters around the classroom (or at stations/centers)
4. Assign partners or groups
5. Hand out scavenger hunt organizers and clipboards
6. Set timer (about 5 mins at each spot)
7. Have students read and answer questions
8. Then rotate to the next spot
9. Check their answers whole group or have them self-check using answer keys
There is an additional “WE THE PEOPLE” acrostic chart for students to write down one fact for each letter. This works well for fast finishers or as an additional challenge activity. I’ve also included a ”Classroom Constitution” page for you as an extension activity. Answer keys are included.
Be sure to check out the PREVIEW for more information.
This is a Digital Download. No Physical Product will be shipped.
- These specific files are ©2018 Heart 2 Heart Teaching, LLC. All rights reserved.
• For personal use, classroom use, and non-commercial use only. It is unlawful to distribute any part of this file for any reason (whether they are free or for purchase).
- Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).
- We'd love to see how you use these activities in your classroom--- Tag @heart2heartteaching on Instagram!
How will I receive my download?
Once purchased, you will first receive an order confirmation email. Right after that, you receive a separate email with a link that you will click to download the zipped file. You will receive one or more PDF files.
What if I can't find the email with the Printable in it?
If you're using Gmail as your mail service, be sure to check the "spam," "promotions," and "updates" folders/tabs! Your email will be sent via our automated system (omitting the potential for human error) so if you ordered the download and entered the correct email address, you can be sure it's in your email somewhere!
What's a ZIP file?
Many of our resources are in a compressed ZIP file. A ZIP file is a compressed folder with multiple files. A ZIP file takes up less storage space making it easier to download. ZIP files are able to be opened easily, just follow the steps below depending on your system.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Right click on the ZIP folder
- Choose Extract All from the menu
- Choose a place to save the file
- Click Extract
For Google Chrome:
- After it finishes downloading
- Click on the download box at bottom left of the browser page
- Click Extract All at the top of the page
For Mac Users:
- Double click on the ZIP folder
- The file should automatically extract
Other Options--try opening the ZIP file using one of these free websites:
Where do I print my download?
For BEST RESULTS, print the posters on the premium brochure and flyer paper from Office Depot. Using this paper gives the posters a vibrant look that really makes the colors pop! Or send the file to a print shop. But don't worry about that if you need these quickly! Just print on regular paper on the best quality setting on your printer.
Having Printing Issues?
Many of our files are PDF’s are large units with a lot of graphics and photographs. Sometimes, it may look fine on your screen, but may not print out correctly. If you’re having trouble printing a PDF, please be sure that you're opening the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
After downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Open the PDF
- Click Print
- Select Shrink oversized pages
- Click Advanced
- Check the box: Print As Image
- Click Print