End of the Year Activities: Create A Country Project (Geography & Map Skills)
Create a Country is a fun and creative way to review geography and map skills at the end of the year. Plus students will love creating their own country with this hands-on activity pack!
A BEST SELLER! Perfect for Intermediate Grades 3-6! Newly updated and improved with informational articles, vocabulary words with posters, and engaging student activities related to all the different themes such as culture, flag facts, climates, housing, natural resources, agriculture, transportation (and more) of this creative hands-on project!
This is a great way to enhance and reinforce student's geography, cultural, and map-skills with this Create a Country Project! It's focused on the major themes of geography and map skills and encourages creativity, critical thinking, and teamwork!
First, have students read the informational articles and complete the activities to get them thinking about how they would build their own country. What would they keep the same and what would they change? This project is ideal for group work or with a partner. From start to finish, it will take about 1-2 weeks. In the past, I've had students present their countries to the rest of the class for a final grade.
Performance Task: students will be creating and designing their OWN country including:
✔Name of your country
✔All aspects related to culture including language, government, traditions, climate, food, school, houses, and much more!
Students can use the three-page checklist and organizers to guide them as they develop their countries.
✔For Elementary Grades – Second grade, Third grade, Fourth grade, Fifth grade
✔Great for Core Knowledge
Be sure to check out the PREVIEW for more information.
This is a Digital Download. No Physical Product will be shipped.
- These specific files are ©2018 Heart 2 Heart Teaching, LLC. All rights reserved.
• For personal use, classroom use, and non-commercial use only. It is unlawful to distribute any part of this file for any reason (whether they are free or for purchase).
- Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).
- We'd love to see how you use these activities in your classroom--- Tag @heart2heartteaching on Instagram!
How will I receive my download?
Once purchased, you will first receive an order confirmation email. Right after that, you receive a separate email with a link that you will click to download the zipped file. You will receive one or more PDF files.
What if I can't find the email with the Printable in it?
If you're using Gmail as your mail service, be sure to check the "spam," "promotions," and "updates" folders/tabs! Your email will be sent via our automated system (omitting the potential for human error) so if you ordered the download and entered the correct email address, you can be sure it's in your email somewhere!
What's a ZIP file?
Many of our resources are in a compressed ZIP file. A ZIP file is a compressed folder with multiple files. A ZIP file takes up less storage space making it easier to download. ZIP files are able to be opened easily, just follow the steps below depending on your system.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Right click on the ZIP folder
- Choose Extract All from the menu
- Choose a place to save the file
- Click Extract
For Google Chrome:
- After it finishes downloading
- Click on the download box at bottom left of the browser page
- Click Extract All at the top of the page
For Mac Users:
- Double click on the ZIP folder