Kindness Activities: A Character Education and Class-Building Activity
This character education and classroom-building activity teach kindness in the classroom. Just print-n-go and you're ready to start!
This is an excellent activity to build self-esteem in the classroom! It can be used anytime during the year and is a perfect way for students to practice expressing their appreciation and gratitude for their fellow classmates and friends.
This team-building activity helps students appreciate each other’s talents and gives practice expressing themselves in writing. This activity also boosts class morale and makes everyone in the class feel appreciated.
1. Have each student pick a piece of lined paper. There are several different varieties for students to choose from as well as a blank one in this pack.
2. Have students write their name (in rainbow colors for younger students) at the top of their page and decorate the page.
3. Next, have a class discussion about the best ways of expressing your appreciation for people and classmates.
4. In this pack are posters with sample statements to display around the classroom to help students give appropriate and specific compliments.
5. Each student places their page on the top of their desk and rotates to the next desk in the row until they’ve written one compliment for every student in the class.
6. After students have returned to their desk and read through all the compliments left for them by their classmates, have them pick their favorite compliment to share with the class!
This is a Digital Download. No Physical Product will be shipped.
- These specific files are ©2018 Heart 2 Heart Teaching, LLC. All rights reserved.
• For personal use, classroom use, and non-commercial use only. It is unlawful to distribute any part of this file for any reason (whether they are free or for purchase).
- Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).
- We'd love to see how you use these activities in your classroom--- Tag @heart2heartteaching on Instagram!
How will I receive my download?
Once purchased, you will first receive an order confirmation email. Right after that, you receive a separate email with a link that you will click to download the zipped file. You will receive one or more PDF files.
What if I can't find the email with the Printable in it?
If you're using Gmail as your mail service, be sure to check the "spam," "promotions," and "updates" folders/tabs! Your email will be sent via our automated system (omitting the potential for human error) so if you ordered the download and entered the correct email address, you can be sure it's in your email somewhere!
What's a ZIP file?
Many of our resources are in a compressed ZIP file. A ZIP file is a compressed folder with multiple files. A ZIP file takes up less storage space making it easier to download. ZIP files are able to be opened easily, just follow the steps below depending on your system.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Right click on the ZIP folder
- Choose Extract All from the menu
- Choose a place to save the file
- Click Extract
For Google Chrome:
- After it finishes downloading
- Click on the download box at bottom left of the browser page
- Click Extract All at the top of the page
For Mac Users:
- Double click on the ZIP folder
- The file should automatically extract
Other Options--try opening the ZIP file using one of these free websites:
Where do I print my download?
For BEST RESULTS, print the posters on the premium brochure and flyer paper from Office Depot. Using this paper gives the posters a vibrant look that really makes the colors pop! Or send the file to a print shop. But don't worry about that if you need these quickly! Just print on regular paper on the best quality setting on your printer.
Having Printing Issues?
Many of our files are PDF’s are large units with a lot of graphics and photographs. Sometimes, it may look fine on your screen, but may not print out correctly. If you’re having trouble printing a PDF, please be sure that you're opening the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
After downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Open the PDF
- Click Print
- Select Shrink oversized pages
- Click Advanced
- Check the box: Print As Image
- Click Print