The Life Story of Rosa Parks Activity Pack
With this unit, students will learn about one of the most inspirational women of all time. Rosa Parks was given the nickname, The Lady of Freedom and has become a symbol of Freedom.
This biography unit has it all! There are a variety of activities for you to teach about Rosa Parks. This could be a week-long unit or as short as a day or two, depending on the time allotted and the needs of your students. There are several ways to use this unit to differentiate for students.
✔Meet Rosa Parks
✔Fact or Fiction Activity
✔Character Mini-Booklet w/Timeline Sorting Activity---fits inside their notebooks!
✔Character Traits Activity
✔Vocabulary Posters for important character traits:
✔Brave, Determined, Confident
Have students read the passages about where they will meet Rosa Parks and learn all about her life. There’s also a custom-created biography organizer to use for review or for further research.
Suggestions and Ideas for centers:
✔Have students read the Meet Rosa Parks and answer the comprehension questions on the organizers.
✔Have students complete the character mini-booklet with timeline dates. These fit nicely inside their notebooks.
This is a Digital Download. No Physical Product will be shipped.
- These specific files are ©2018 Heart 2 Heart Teaching, LLC. All rights reserved.
• For personal use, classroom use, and non-commercial use only. It is unlawful to distribute any part of this file for any reason (whether they are free or for purchase).
- Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).
- We'd love to see how you use these activities in your classroom--- Tag @heart2heartteaching on Instagram!
How will I receive my download?
Once purchased, you will first receive an order confirmation email. Right after that, you receive a separate email with a link that you will click to download the zipped file. You will receive one or more PDF files.
What if I can't find the email with the Printable in it?
If you're using Gmail as your mail service, be sure to check the "spam," "promotions," and "updates" folders/tabs! Your email will be sent via our automated system (omitting the potential for human error) so if you ordered the download and entered the correct email address, you can be sure it's in your email somewhere!
What's a ZIP file?
Many of our resources are in a compressed ZIP file. A ZIP file is a compressed folder with multiple files. A ZIP file takes up less storage space making it easier to download. ZIP files are able to be opened easily, just follow the steps below depending on your system.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Right click on the ZIP folder
- Choose Extract All from the menu
- Choose a place to save the file
- Click Extract
For Google Chrome:
- After it finishes downloading
- Click on the download box at bottom left of the browser page
- Click Extract All at the top of the page
For Mac Users:
- Double click on the ZIP folder
- The file should automatically extract
Other Options--try opening the ZIP file using one of these free websites:
Where do I print my download?
For BEST RESULTS, print the posters on the premium brochure and flyer paper from Office Depot. Using this paper gives the posters a vibrant look that really makes the colors pop! Or send the file to a print shop. But don't worry about that if you need these quickly! Just print on regular paper on the best quality setting on your printer.
Having Printing Issues?
Many of our files are PDF’s are large units with a lot of graphics and photographs. Sometimes, it may look fine on your screen, but may not print out correctly. If you’re having trouble printing a PDF, please be sure that you're opening the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
After downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Open the PDF
- Click Print
- Select Shrink oversized pages
- Click Advanced
- Check the box: Print As Image
- Click Print