U.S. Landforms with 8 Major Landforms Highlighted
This U.S. Landforms Activity Pack is a perfect complement to a unit on geography! It includes everything you need to teach all about the 8 major U.S. Landforms in a creative and interactive way.
The U.S. Landforms included in this packet are:
✔The Great Basin
✔The Gulf of Mexico
✔The Great Lakes
✔The St. Lawrence River
✔The Atlantic Coastal Plain
✔The Continental Divide
✔The Great Plains
There are 8 one page informational articles about each of the U.S. Landforms for students to read and learn about these important landforms. Using the articles, students then complete an organizer to answer the following questions:
1. What is it?
2. Where is it located?
3. Why is it important?
4. What animals live there?
5. Three more interesting facts
The organizers can be folded as a brochure and glued into their interactive notebooks. Just cut out, fold into thirds, dot the back of the middle section of the brochure with glue, and hold in place in their notebooks until dry. Students could add more information or pictures to the outside covers.
✔For Elementary Grades – Second grade, Third grade, Fourth grade, Fifth grade
SEE IT ON TPT
There are lots of ways to use this packet in the classroom depending on your students and the time allotted for this lesson.
These are great for center or station work where students work with a partner or in a group to read through the information and then complete their organizers.
If time is limited, you could have each group study and learn about one of the U.S. Landforms and then share their findings with the class. This packet is meant to give them a general foundation of information but if desired students could do additional research to learn even more about each of the U.S. Landforms.
This is a Digital Download. No Physical Product will be shipped.
- These specific files are ©2018 Heart 2 Heart Teaching, LLC. All rights reserved.
• For personal use, classroom use, and non-commercial use only. It is unlawful to distribute any part of this file for any reason (whether they are free or for purchase).
- Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).
- We'd love to see how you use these activities in your classroom--- Tag @heart2heartteaching on Instagram!
How will I receive my download?
Once purchased, you will first receive an order confirmation email. Right after that, you receive a separate email with a link that you will click to download the zipped file. You will receive one or more PDF files.
What if I can't find the email with the Printable in it?
If you're using Gmail as your mail service, be sure to check the "spam," "promotions," and "updates" folders/tabs! Your email will be sent via our automated system (omitting the potential for human error) so if you ordered the download and entered the correct email address, you can be sure it's in your email somewhere!
What's a ZIP file?
Many of our resources are in a compressed ZIP file. A ZIP file is a compressed folder with multiple files. A ZIP file takes up less storage space making it easier to download. ZIP files are able to be opened easily, just follow the steps below depending on your system.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Right click on the ZIP folder
- Choose Extract All from the menu
- Choose a place to save the file
- Click Extract
For Google Chrome:
- After it finishes downloading
- Click on the download box at bottom left of the browser page
- Click Extract All at the top of the page
For Mac Users:
- Double click on the ZIP folder
- The file should automatically extract
Other Options--try opening the ZIP file using one of these free websites:
Where do I print my download?
For BEST RESULTS, print the posters on the premium brochure and flyer paper from Office Depot. Using this paper gives the posters a vibrant look that really makes the colors pop! Or send the file to a print shop. But don't worry about that if you need these quickly! Just print on regular paper on the best quality setting on your printer.
Having Printing Issues?
Many of our files are PDF’s are large units with a lot of graphics and photographs. Sometimes, it may look fine on your screen, but may not print out correctly. If you’re having trouble printing a PDF, please be sure that you're opening the PDF with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
After downloading and installing Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Open the PDF
- Click Print
- Select Shrink oversized pages
- Click Advanced
- Check the box: Print As Image
- Click Print